Saturday, June 7, 2014

Au Revoir Antwerp!

Wednesday was pretty bittersweet. 
I was excited to get home but I'm going to miss Antwerp.
We left the hotel at 7:00 but my morning had started at 5:00 because of my last minute packing. Getting the tickets the day before was a good idea. We opted against getting a taxi because we were only about a mile away but by the time we finally got to the train station my arms were jelly. 



Waiting at the intersection of the Meir.


We made it to the trains in good time with about 30 minutes to spare before it was to take off. That's actually our train in the background of the photo.



I had packed a sandwich from the Ibis breakfast. That had been my daily breakfast that I would carry onto the bus for our trips. I'm going to miss the fresh brie, ham and baguettes every morning.

We spent the whole train ride talking about the most memorable parts of the trip. It's hard to believe we're already reminiscing. We've had such a blast.

The train and airport were all a breeze. The flight was also a lot easier than the one entering Belgium. I moved my seat to the window the night before and it was such a good move. I ended up getting over 4 hours of sleep on the 9.5 plane ride. 
I sat next to a San Francisco native who has been living in Antwerp for the last 10 years. Pretty neat to talk to. We'd talk during meals otherwise it was all movies and sleep.
I also watch Monument's Men which was a great one to see after the visit. We had seen so many things that were in the film including the mines!


Waiting on the ground in Brussels.



Till next time, Europe.
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment