Friday, June 6, 2014

The Last Free Day of the Trip!

Sunday was the last free day and I had already decided I was devoting this day partially to work and sleep but it would have been a shame to let it all go to waste. I finally got out of bed at 10:00 after waking up on the hour repeatedly since 6:00 thinking I was going to miss the bus. I'm sure that will happen multiple times when I'm home as well. Anyways! Showered, got dressed and uploaded some photos to Facebook front the eventful week until I walked downstairs and out the door to the market. I'm truly going to miss that Antwerpen market. I made a pitstop by the ATM to grab my last bit of cash to get me through the rest of the trip and searched to find a fresh meat seller. I have no idea what you call those people but I found the same vendor as the week before and ordered again the same sandwich, fresh ham and aged cheese on a baguette. Heav-en-ly. 

After grabbing a bite to eat I walked over to the market in search of a few things.
First, chocolate. I needed to grab some (a lot) of chocolate to bring back to the states and I wanted to make sure I did this before we ran out of time. I wasn't quite sure how much time we were going to have within the next week and if I didn't come back with chocolate I was going to have to kick myself.
2. A print. I've been collecting prints from the major cities I've visited. I have a watercolor from Amsterdam, a printed photograph from Paris and I also couldn't go home without a printed watercolor from Antwerpen. 

On the way back from the square this shop was sitting out in front of one of the restaurants. Couldn't pass up on the photo.


Starting from here, there begins to be a general lacking of photos due to my photo-taking motivation dwindling as well as the battery on my Canon. 

The rest of this day was devoted to catching up on homework and I did some serious damage. Hard to believe there are only a few days left. 
Gonna miss Antwerpen.

No comments:

Post a Comment