Monday, May 19, 2014

Last Day in Class!

Today was our full day of classes! Hallelujah! I've learned a ton but a day spent in a room from 9:00 to 7:15 isn't my definition of fun. We powered through the end of today and I'm looking forward to the site visits we'll now be taking. 

I'll break down my assignments a little bit. I'm taking two classes here, Religious History of the Low Countries and International Business Cases. For Business we have a set of questions to answer every night that deal with our case analysis during the day and will start to also be about our site visits to Stella, Ruinart, the Flower Market, etc. For the religious studies class all we have are nightly summaries over our readings (usually 5 to 6 different essays). We also have three papers to write over our 3 books we have to read here as well as three site visit papers. I'm hoping to knock these out as soon as possible so I can relax for the remainder of the trip. Fortunately, I've been completely on top of my work the whole time that I've been here while the majority of students are behind. At least I'll be enjoying my last few days when they're stuck in the hotel lobby slaving away! Mwahaha!

Anyways, today's photos aren't anything very exciting. We took our photo for the program today however it was definitely different than the photos in the past. Usually the photo of the whole group is taken in front of the main University of Antwerp building. The one seen in the picture below with the arches at our backs however our photo was scheduled to be taken at 12:00 rather than the usual 5:00 meaning that there were approximately 300 Antwerp students sitting in the quad when we went to take the photo. We were surrounded by these students on all sides in formal business clothes with the 12:00 sun in our eyes. I'm pretty sure one of my eyes is completely closed because of the sun. That's going to be interesting to see but it was pretty funny.

After our exhaustingly long day of class in a stuffy room wearing formal clothes… (I feel sorry for the guys having to wear their jackets) we got out and headed to dinner.  


Walking out of the University.


Our classroom during one of the breaks. You can see the jackets lined up on the right. 


Walking to dinner.


We decided on Da Giovanni's pizza. It's been recommended multiple times and we found out that those recommendations were well deserved!


Not pictured here but our waiter looked like an Italian version of Adam Levigne. I should have gotten a picture with him. But he tried to convince us that the French translation on the menu was english and when we asked if "roquette" was a meat or a vegetable he responded "Veg-i-table of course". He thought that was a pretty stupid question. Either way, I liked English lacking Adam. 


Hi to all of Haley's friends reading the blog!


Becca and I at dinner. The lighting turned out really weird on this photo. We were in our business clothes. 


NOMMMMMMMMM.

So so good. We're heading off to a monastery tomorrow as well as a printing press and something else that I forgot… Our itinerary is in my backpack but this bed feels heavenly now so I guess it will be a surprise for tomorrow! Reminder that there is a rough outline of an itinerary on the right in a link. 

Also, on the same sidebar where the Itinerary link is I have attached labels to all of my posts as to which city they are in. If you want to see the posts from a particular city just click on the link and all of the photos from there will come up!

I'll be back up and at em at 7:00 tomorrow!

Hittin the hay,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment